Please read all sizing information carefully.Rivar’s, Inc. sizing garments are provided for most styles to serve as a general guide to assist in the sizing process. Sizing charts are also available for most styles if this is more convenient for you! Sizing garments and sizing charts are not intended for exact sizing specifications. Sizes may vary slightly in finished garments based on fabric and style choices, and some alterations are to be expected. Rivar’s, Inc. is not responsible for size variations and does not provide custom alterations. Please contact your account manager immediately if you have questions regarding the proper use of Rivar’s, Inc. sizing garments or sizing charts.
Helpful Sizing Hints:
- We recommend designating one person to be responsible for the sizing process.
- If using Rivar’s, Inc. sizing garments, please choose the sizing garment that fits most comfortably. We recommend trying several sizes to determine the best fit.
- Be sure to wear appropriate undergarments. Trying on sizing garments over street clothing WILL change the fit of the finished garment dramatically.
- Sizing garment should not fit too tightly. You should be able to raise and lower your arms comfortably.
- For bodies that are difficult to fit, please contact your Rivar’s account manager. Additional fitting instructions may be available.
- Rivar’s, Inc. sizes may NOT coincide with standard retail sizes.
- If using Rivar’s, Inc. sizing charts, please request a sizing chart copy from your account manager. Please follow the measuring instructions listed on this page (see Women’s Measurements) to ensure proper measuring.
- Please measure hem lengths for most dress styles from the underarm seam of the sizing garment to desired finished length (see picture at lower right). Hem lengths for some separate skirts should be measured from the natural waist. PLEASE NOTE: Concert dress and separates styles come hemmed to a standard length. Custom hem service for concert styles is available upon request for an additional price.
- Refer to Women’s and Men’s Measurement Instructions if an individual is outside of our size range. Refer to sizing charts for styles that do not require sizing garments.
- Submit your sizing information on Rivar’s, Inc. sizing sheets provided. A signed order form must accompany your complete sizing information BEFORE your order will be processed.
- If you have any questions at any time during the sizing process, please call your Rivar’s, Inc. account manager. Since
custom-made garments are non-returnable, the sizing process is critical. We are happy to assist you in any way!
- All straps on Rivar’s garments are attached in the front only. Since every individual’s body shape is different, the straps are left unattached at the back so you can customize the length for each individual. Attaching straps is the customer’s responsibility once an order is received.
Specific measurements are needed if you are using a Rivar’s, Inc. sizing chart, or for Made-to-Measure garments.
Neck: Measure the circumference of the center of the neck.
Neck-To-Waist: Start at the bone at the base of the neck that protrudes when you tilt the head forward, and measure straight down the back to the natural waist (at the navel).
Sleeve: The arm should be straight, but relaxed, at the side of the body. Start at the shoulder-arm joint, and continue down the outside of the arm to 1″ below the wrist bone.
Bust: Measure the circumference of the fullest part of the bust.
Midsection: Measure the circumference of the rib cage at the top of the diaphragm, just below the bust.
Waist: Measure the circumference of their natural waist (at the navel). (NOT where they wear their pants & skirts today!)
Hip: Measure the circumference at the widest point of the hips, across the fullest part of the buttocks.
Outseam: Standing barefoot with feet shoulder width apart, measure on the outside of the leg, the distance from the waist to the floor.
Hem: Measure hem length for most dress styles from under arm at top of sizing garment to finished length (see picture below). If not using Rivar’s, Inc. sizing garments, measure hem lengths from natural waist to finished length. Concert dress and separate styles come at a standard length. Custom hemming available at an additional charge.
NOTE: All measurements should be taken with student standing tall, looking straight ahead, and unless otherwise noted, with feet together.
Questions? We will be glad to answer any questions. Call us at 800-775-4829. Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time.womens