Please read all sizing information carefully. Rivar’s, Inc. Sizing Garments are provided to serve as a general guide to assist in the sizing process and are available for most custom garment styles. They are not intended for exact sizing specifications. Sizes may vary slightly in finished garments based on fabric and style choices, and some alterations are to be expected. Rivar’s, Inc. is not responsible for size variations, and does not provide custom alterations. Please contact your account manager immediately if you have questions regarding the proper use of Rivar’s, Inc. Sizing Garments or if you need any assistance to complete your sizing.
Helpful Sizing Hints:
- We recommend designating one person to be responsible for the sizing process.
- Choose the Rivar’s, Inc. sizing garment that fits most comfortably. We recommend trying several sizes to determine the best fit.
- Be sure to wear appropriate undergarments. Trying on sizing garments over street clothing WILL change the fit of the finished garment dramatically.
- Sizing garment should not fit too tightly. You should be able to raise and lower your arms comfortably.
- For bodies that are difficult to fit, please contact your Rivar’s account manager. Additional fitting instructions may be available.
- Rivar’s, Inc. sizes may NOT coincide with standard retail sizes.
- Refer to Women’s and Men’s Measurement Instructions if an individual is outside of our size range. Refer to sizing charts for styles that do not require sizing garments.
- Submit your sizing information on Rivar’s, Inc. sizing sheets provided. A signed order form must accompany your complete sizing information BEFORE your order will be processed.
- If you have any questions at any time during the sizing process, please call your Rivar’s, Inc. account manager. Since custom-made garments are non-returnable, the sizing process is critical. We are happy to assist you in any way!
- Please measure hem lengths for all dress styles from the under arm seam of sizing garment as shown in picture. Measure from the natural waist for separate skirts.
Specific measurements are only needed for Made-To-Measure garments and selected styles.
Neck: Measure the circumference of the center of the neck. To insure ease of movement in the dress shirts, be certain that two fingers can be placed between the neck and the measuring tape.
Neck-To-Waist: Start at the bone at the base of the neck that protrudes when you tilt the head forward, and measure straight down the back to the natural waist (Approximately 1” below the navel).
Sleeve: The arm should be straight, but relaxed, at the side of the body. Start at the bone at the base of the neck that protrudes when you tilt the head forward. Continue across the top of the shoulder and down the outside of the arm to 1” below the wrist bone.
Chest: Measure the circumference of the fullest part of the chest, just under the arms. To insure ease of movement in suits and jackets, have student inhale deeply, expanding the chest to full capacity, while measuring. Use this measurement to approximate suit jacket size.
Midsection: Measure the circumference of the fullest part of the torso, half way between the diaphragm and the waist.
Waist: Measure the circumference of the natural waist, approximately 1” below the navel. (NOT where they wear their pants at today!)
Outseam: Standing barefoot with feet shoulder width apart, measure on the outside of the leg, the distance from the waist to the floor.
NOTE: All measurements should be taken with the student standing tall, looking straight ahead, and unless otherwise noted, with feet together.
Questions? We will be glad to answer any questions. Call us at 800-775-4829. Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time.2017-mens