We are hiring several industrial sewing operators for our manufacture facility located in Indianapolis Indiana. This position is responsible for the tasks necessary to sew materials as well as the counting and inspecting of the products during the sewing process. Standard Hours of Operation: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. We have both full time with benefits and full time temporary positions available for this skill. Great for someone who wants to work for a few months to make extra money for Christmas.
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread, and changing bobbin, and securing attachments.
- Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
- Perform the various hand tasks necessary to sew materials including turning the material to hem, join pieces, and repairing materials.
- Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the sewing process..
- Responsible for maintaining quality in completed products.
- Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous industrial sewing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Working knowledge of industrial sewing machine
- Ability to count accurately and visual acuity to inspect product while sewing
- Ability to work in a team based environment to produce a quality finished product
- Willingness to adapt to evolving job responsibilities
- Ability to hear, understand and act on verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitive sewing that requires hand dexterity and concentration
- Experience with single needle automatic or double needle, over-lock, cover-stitch industrial sewing machine preferred
- Some knowledge in general maintenance of sewing equipment is helpful
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate single, double, multi-needle industrial machines
- Identify and maintain product and lot number integrity
- Maintain strict and precise attention to detail and quality
- Maintain a safe work environment