You’re paging through the Rivar’s catalog, falling in love with more costumes than you could ever possibly need, but the same frustration hits you on each page: how can you ever choose which colors you want for your show choir costumes? We are happy to offer such a variety of colors, patterns, and textures so you can customize your choir’s garments, but we also know that it can be overwhelming to pick the perfect colors for your performance ensemble. If you’re unsure of where to begin, we’ve come up with three starting places to pick just the right colors for your show choir.
You have school colors, and we have fabrics to match them. Whether you need blue and gold, red and white, black and yellow, orange and white, or even a rainbow, Rivar’s has you covered. Here are a few ways you can incorporate your school colors into your show choir costumes. (pictured from left to right)
- Line a neutral (such as gold or silver) with your school color.
Pictured: white/silver flapper sequins lined in red metallic knit.
- Design an attached-style dress with one color on top and one on the bottom. If your colors are blue and gold, try a gold sequin bodice and royal sparkle illusion skirt.
Pictured: fuchsia Barcelona sequins and black sparkle illusion.
- Color block it! We’re offering a brand new style this year, so you can customize more than one color on a top or a tunic. Pick black or white as your neutral, and you can choose up to two colors to go with it. The options are endless.
Pictured: White color block men’s shirt with fuchsia and royal custom color blocks.
- Keep it simple with one color. Who doesn’t love a classic dress in a bold color? If you like this look but want to add your other school color on stage, consider custom sequin vests or ties for the guys!
Pictured: red Barcelona sequins
Patriotic concert coming up? Or perhaps a holiday show? You can mix and match so many colors and fabrics to create the perfect stage look for your show choir. Just to show you a few mix and match options, we’ve put together a family of show choir costumes you could design for a classic patriotic show.
Pictured left to right: red sparkle illusion, royal sequined quick-ship vest, white/gold tiara glitter (Rivar’s exclusive), royal sassy sequins
Are themes and school color combos still not your style? You’re looking for that one color or color combo that looks great on every single person in your choir. Here are a few options with which you can’t go wrong.
- Black, white, and silver. It’s classy, simple, and really does look great on everyone. Consider a Rivar’s exclusive blazer for your guys (available in red, black, or platinum) or even a quick-ship vest. For the ladies, there is a huge selection of fabrics for dresses. You can go sassy or classy with a Rivar’s custom dress!
Pictured left to right: Rivar’s Exclusive men’s blazer, black sassy sequins, silver quick-ship vest, white/silver flapper sequins
- Turquoise is almost unbeatable. It pops on stage and looks fantastic with every skin tone. Here are a few of of our favorite turquoise options!
Pictured left to right: turquoise enchanted sequins (Rivar’s exclusive), turquoise Bastille metallic knit, turquoise men’s suit, turquoise Barcelona sequins (Rivar’s exclusive)
- Empire Sequins is here to save the day. This Rivar’s exclusive fabric is now available in black and red, so if you’re looking for something that has every color of the rainbow, you’ve found it. To keep it simple, line empire sequins in black taffeta or metallic knit. For something a little edgier, line it with your favorite color (we love kelly green!).
Pictured: all dresses in empire sequins; lined in black, turquoise, fuchsia, and kelly green
READY TO PLACE YOUR ORDER?
Call your account manager to get your costumes designed and ordered. We are so excited to see what you’ve picked out and help you design the perfect show choir costumes for your group!